Rum Pointe Seaside Golf Links has become Ocean City’s “must play” new course and one of Maryland’s premier golf venues. This spectacular seaside design by the world-renowned father/son team of Pete & P.B. Dye opened in the spring of 1997. Located on Highway 611 on the Sinepuxent Bay overlooking Assateague National Seashore Park, Mother Nature and the Dye’s have combined talents to bring world-class golf to the Ocean City area.
This Scottish-style links is the only area course to feature bent-grass on the fairways and greens. No less than 17 of the 18 holes have a bay view with several holes having direct bay frontage, where you can start your ball over the water to shorten the hole. The Dyes have certainly created situations of risk and reward that will quicken the heart rate of even the most experienced golfer. From the back tees this championship quality course is capable of hosting a PGA Tour stop but forgiving enough from the middle tees to satisfy golfers of all skill levels.
To maintain superior course conditions, we are an alternative spike facility. Please refrain from wearing metal spikes. Thank you (Spike changing services provided at Pro Shop).
Rum Pointe, with bent grass from tee to green, is a full service facility staffed by PGA Professionals.
|White – Men||6,004||72||68.0||113|
|White – Women||6,004||72||74.6||129|
- Scottish-style links
- Bent grass from tee to green
- Double Ended driving range – One end for testing, the other end for practice
- Exceptionally large practice putting green
- 3-hole putting course available
- Golf school available
- Extensive teaching program available by PGA Professionals; call 410-629-1414 for details.
- Full-service Pro Shop and Clubhouse
- Rental clubs available – Callaway, Titleist, Top-Flite
- On-site second floor apartment with a third floor cupola
- Large outdoor deck for viewing the 9th & 18th hole and the Atlantic Ocean
- Owner: Ruark Family Trust
- Architect: P.B. Dye & Pete Dye
- Course Superintendent: Joel McTavish, CGCS
- Head Golf Professional: Scott Cooper
- Audubon Cooperative Sanctuary System
Awarded the Iron Wood Award for Excellence in Conservation
Committed to the preservation of wildlife and natural habitat